Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ok, so this is not the typical chat over coffee

Ok so this is not the typical chat over coffee. This is the real coffee talk for moms or girls or moms that forget that they are girls. This is the spot to share what's really going on, the worries and fears of life or the things that have to be funny or we would cry about them. Sometimes I have to clarify with my pals about whether or not we are just "having" coffee or if we are in fact" drinking" coffee. 

More times than not we are just having it and that is code for "I've already had my quota of caffeine for the day but let's talk anyway". This isn't a gossip column nor is it dumping grounds for man and other friend problems. It's an uplifting, lighthearted look into the eyes of children, or a down to earth grasp of the things that really matter or a desperate attempt to bring meaning back into the mundane chores of tending to our lives. I so long for meaning and purpose to invade my life and to overcome the lives my little brood. If there is no meaning, then why even try? 

But let's be honest, waking up every day to something new can get old when that something new often starts with who is sick today, or who wet the bed last night, or who got up too early and is sleeping on the floor by our bedroom door? The laundry still has to be done, the meals still have to be cooked and the kids need to be alive, preferably, at the end of yet another day. I have been a mom for nearly 9 years and the best I can figure thus far into my journey is this... Keep a sense of humor! And let the older Mamas in your life encourage you. 

One sweet lady, so dear to my heart ( she had 5 kids as well including a set of twins like me) and she has often poked her head in the door of my little log cabin and looked me square in the eye, ignoring the cries from the toilet, the tug-of-war with the black and white kitty and the darn phone ringing while I am stirring a pot of soup and she says, "This too shall pass" Brilliant words showered down on me like mana from heaven! Bless that wise and wonderful woman. She has a story to go with the kind lady that poked a head into her kitchen back in the day. It is my desire that you find encouragement, hope, ideas and lots of reasons to enjoy the little things in your life as I indulge in the exercise of writing about mine. If there were no little things what ever would we do?    

No comments:

Post a Comment