Monday, January 27, 2014

Lou is 7!

Emmylou Madison "Lou" is 7! She is a real live sparkle. She twinkles and smiles and loves the little things. The greatest sadness of her 6th year was that Ty Wesley became a "tod" (toddler). It really does grieve her heart that he isn't a baby anymore. But it grieves her heart more to see the look on my face when she subtly mentions the prospect of a new baby. I'll see if she can just borrow a baby here or there. I know of a couple coming this summer ;0)




Lou says the funniest things and has such a love for life! She is tender hearted and quick to forgive. She is a friend to anyone and has a heart for serving and learning new things. Tonight she announced that it was her last night being 6 and 1 centimeter. We chuckled and I made a mental note to review units of measurement next week. 



She has this fascination with Laura Ingalls. She dresses like her and carries a basket to collect eggs and wishes she could call the neighbor boy, Willie, when she is mad at him. She thought my new short Meg Ryan hair cut was TOTALLY AWESOME but her heart burst like a bubble when she realized I could not wear a bun like Ma anymore. What ever shall I do??!! Although she is sure that her daddy is just like Pa only he can't play the fiddle. I agree. 



She has just started ballet lessons and loves it deeply. She practices and practices. Grace and 7 year old girls don't usually go together but she is really something out there. I'm proud of her anyway. 



We have a special treat this year. My husbands grandmother (Maw Maw) is here to visit. She turned 75 on January 21. Her mother always made her a cherry nut cake for her birthday. After she passed away, Auntie Arvela made the cake. This year, I have made the same cake for my January baby. It's pink and fluffy and so fun! Heritage is priceless. When you uncover it, and if it's good and true, apprehend it and pass it on down. 



Here's to being 7 and to the little people in our lives that teach us big lessons. Happy Birthday Lou! 

1 comment: